Arcadia before the rain came

The weather forecast for the day was not of the best kind: widely scattered showers and gusting winds. I had therefore not been making any plans to send my c-gull to port to capture the Arcadia, but when I woke up, the weather looked “alright”. I thought, why not give it a chance and see if it’ll work. I would anyhow be in the port for an another reason, so if I could make it, it would be a great plus for me. 

I arrived at the port well ahead of Arcadia’s arrival for another appointment, and as the ship was approaching her dock, the weather was quickly deteriorating. Within the next hour or so, it wouldn’t be clear enough to make any flights. Time was of the essence. I had to make a quick and well-thought through descision again wether to go for it or not. I had just flown near the coastal steamers, and it was then on the edge of what is recommended when flying in light rain/rain. I remember one phrase from youtube in particular: “Trust your Mavic”. That in addition to time available before having to go to work, ment it was no or never. 

I did my best, and I’m quite pleased with the results. 

If you would like to see these images in slightly larger format, as well as many other (cruise-) ships, you may wish to consider visiting 

© : 2005 - 2021